- How do I become an Instructor?
- How much is to be an Instructor?
- What is Online Training?
- What do I get once I am an Instructor?
- What happens if I don’t want to be an Instructor after I have done the training?
- Is the Course Fee refundable?
- What happens if I am sick or can’t get to the training?
- Are there any prerequisites to becoming an Instructor?
- Will I need to get my own insurance and what other costs will I need to pay?
- What about PPCA/APRA Fees?
- I want to do Konga and Jagua, is that going to cost me over $50 a month?
- How do I sign up for Instructor Training?
- What happens after I have done the training?
- Can you fail the training?
- How long does the certification last for?
- What should I bring or wear to the Instructor Training?
How do I become an Instructor?
You will need to take part in a One Day training course in your city or complete Online Training. To view the dates and times of these go to “Find a Training Course”.
How much is to be an Instructor?
$400 for the Course or $350 Early Bird Price. $25 a month License Fee Payment.
What is Online Training?
Our Online Training provides you with all the content, knowledge & skills that your Face to Face Course would normally do so. You will receive an Online Manual with a range of Theory in it including:
- - How to run your classes
- - The Jungle Body Formula
- - Correct Technique
- - How to put your Playlist together
- - Konga Kids/Konga Seniors
- - Teaching safely & effectively
- - Business/Marketing Training
The Manual takes an hour to read through an understand. You will then complete a Written Assessment containing multiple choice & theory questions to ensure you have mastered The Formula. You then must film yourself completing 2 routines following The Formula & our guidelines. You then mail or email us back the Written Assessment & Practical Assessment. We assess you and you either PASS/CONDITIONAL PASS/FAIL.
What do I get once I am an Instructor?
- The Jungle Body Konga Instructor Handbook - this includes information on how to teach the class, marketing, music licenses, insurance and necessary certifications or legal requirements needed to teach;
- Access to a monthly video showing you steps and routines;
- Access to a monthly Handbook including new movements, music suggestions and ways to develop your class;
- Monthly Newsletter including business advice and promotional information;
- Customized Posters/promotional material/business cards;
- Your own WIX website;
- Discounts on merchandise;
- Discount on further training courses;
- Your own personal page on The Jungle Body website detailing who you are, when your classes are and testimonials; and
What happens if I don’t want to be an Instructor after I have done the training?
Simply write to us and let us know! We will stop your monthly subscription immediately. There are no penalty or cancellation fees.
Is the Course Fee refundable?
No, the Course fee is strictly non-refundable at any point in time & for any reason. If a Face to Face Course does not occur due to unforeseen reasons, the Instructor must undertake Online Training instead.
What happens if I am sick or can’t get to the training?
You will be able to attend another training session that is more suitable. You can transfer your fees toward another Instructor Training.
Are there any prerequisites to becoming an Instructor?
If you would like to acquire CEC Points for The Jungle Body Course you must have your Cert III in Fitness and a background in dance/martial arts and/or kickboxing. To acquire CEC points for the Online Jungle Body Course you must have your Cert IV in FItness. If you do not require CEC Points, there are no pequisites to becoming an Instructor, however you must have the ability to communicate well to your class both physically and verbally. Any other dance/fitness/boxing/martial arts/pilates experience is beneficial; however, the training will give you most of the skills needed.
Will I need to get my own insurance and what other costs will I need to pay?
Part of the training includes all your information on legal issues. You will leave the Course knowing exactly what to do to protect your business, your participants and you. To obtain your own Personal Indemnity Insurance and Public Liability Insurance you will need to be a Certified Fitness Instructor (Cert III with Group Exercise) or have Dance Instructor Insurance. Some of The Jungle Body Fitness classes use REAL music, therefore you must pay a PPCA/APRA fee to use this music in your class.
What about PPCA/APRA Fees?
You can choose to use real music or PPCA Free Music. You must pay the applicable fees to APRA & PPCA.
I want to do Konga and Jagua, is that going to cost me over $50 a month?
No, if you teach more than one style of Jungle Body class you get a 30% discount on your license fee.
How do I sign up for Instructor Training?
- Click on the training course you want to attend.
- Read the details and FAQ
- Agree to The Terms and Conditions
- Input your personal details
- Make payment
- You will receive login details and access to The Jungle Body Instructor Area.
What happens after I have done the training?
You are able to:
- Use The Jungle Body logo and/or the Konga, Jagua and Vypa logos
- Advertise yourself as a The Jungle Body Konga and/or Jagua and/or Vypa instructor
- Hire other certified The Jungle Body Instructors to work for you
- Sell The Jungle Body Apparel and Accessories
- Add the Jungle Body Logo to your own promotional material
- Work for a company, for yourself, in a gym or anywhere you please.
- Design and customize your classes to suit you and your participants as long as they follow the principals of The Jungle Body.
Can you fail the training?
PASS – A pass means you are a Qualified Jungle Body Instructor in the Program of your choice & can teach.
CONDITIONAL PASS – A conditional pass means that you have not successfully achieved all the elements in the Practical Assessment but we STRONGLY feel with a resubmit and our feedback - you can achieve it. You have 3 months to resubmit your Videos as many times as you like until you pass all the elements. We work with you to ensure you are successful.
FAIL – You have not achieved all the elements in the Practical and/or Written Assessment.. You may resubmit within 6 months to achieve a PASS.
How long does the certification last for?
The certification lasts for 18 months. At that point there is a renewal online course which costs $50. This then renews your certification for another 18 months. This online course ensures you are keeping with The Jungle Body Philosophy, maintaining the passion and have the necessary knowledge to keep your classes at their best.
What should I bring or wear to the Instructor Training?
2 litres of water, a towel, a change of clothes and snack.